Executive Director Catholic Charites BR Featured
Catholic Diocese of Baton Rouge
1800 South Acadian Thruway
The Executive Director is appointed by the Bishop of the Diocese of Baton Rouge and reports to the Vicar General and Moderator of the Curia. The Executive Director has overall responsibility for the administration and management of the agency, directs all departments and is accountable for preparing the budget and the financial performance of the agency. The Executive Director oversees effective negotiation with outside funding sources; arranges for appropriate program development and evaluation ensuring all services offered are in line with Catholic teaching; promotes and encourages the development of effective relationships between the Agency and other diocesan secretariats, pastors, national, state, and local agencies, and the public. The Executive Director represents the social concerns and values of the Catholic Church, the Diocese of Baton Rouge, and Catholic Charities on all agency matters to the secular community.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Master’s degree in social work, Business Administration or similar discipline.
- Eight years of comparable leadership experience in non-profit or human services for multilayered organizations.
- It is required that the incumbent be a practicing Roman Catholic in good standing who is registered and active in a parish and possesses a working knowledge of Catholic teachings and doctrine.
- Valid driver’s license and proof of current auto insurance.
- Satisfactory results of background checks such as driving record, criminal record, and sex offense registry, state, local and national law enforcement agencies, and E-Verify as required by funding sources and determined necessary by Catholic Charities.
- Candidate is deeply grounded in Catholic Social Teaching, skilled in planning, program development, execution, and evaluation with supervisory experience in a multicultural work environment.
- Proven success at fund-raising and development.
- Excels in oral and written communications, including listening, and cultivating positive and productive interpersonal relationships; effective public speaker and dealing with media.
- Proficient in core office technology applications.
- Demonstrates outstanding leadership skills within church and community.
- Displays successful fund-raising background and sound stewardship of agency resources.
Please submit letter of interest, resume, and three business references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline is February 16, 2024
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.