LPN- $500 SIGN ON BONUS
Cardiovascular Institute of the South
6550 Main Street
Cardiovascular Institute of the South is a dynamic and growing organization, and we are looking for talented, motivated individuals to join our world-class team. Our mission at CIS is to provide our patients with the highest-quality cardiovascular care in the most professional and efficient manner possible. Our members play an integral role in upholding this mission. By putting these principles into action, we create a positive work environment that fosters our standards of behavior, as well as employee satisfaction. With a dedicated staff of more than 900 team members, CIS remains at the forefront of technology, providing the most advanced, compassionate care in all of our communities.
$500 SIGN ON BONUS!
NO NIGHT, NO WEEKENDS, NO HOLIDAYS!
Nature of Duties:
The nature of the duties is to perform a variety of licensed professional nursing duties to provide patient care in support of the cardiovascular physicians and other medical personnel.
- Triage patients and assess emergency cases: obtain and document medication list, allergies, vital signs, patient complaint, and history & physical in the paper and/or electronic medical records. Communicate concerns and/or problems regarding the patient to the physician/provider. Assist coding and risk management efforts by providing accurate and complete documentation
- Remain available for the physician/provider as much as possible. Assist physician/provider in patient rooms, if needed. Review and complete physician/provider orders, give injections, provide samples (through appropriate procedures of storage and sign out), schedule tests, maintain CDS protocols, etc.
- Create and maintain accurate and complete electronic documentation including the patient medication list, allergies, chart notes and detail documentation regarding phone calls into the electronic medical record (EMR). Enter electronic messages to other departments to assist with patient flow and document patient wait times.
- Respond to phone calls such as: pharmacy refills, patients, physician offices, home health agencies, etc.
- Perform blood work (veni-punctures & finger sticks) and/or assist with duties associated with the Coumadin clinics/patients when needed. Utilize the providers
- Explain diagnostic procedures to patient (such as: holter monitors, event recorders, EKG, stress test, treadmills, ultrasounds, nuclear medicine treadmills, etc). Provide patient and family education when needed
- Interrogate pacemakers and defibrillators and assist with pacemaker clinic.
- Assist in filling out forms such as home health requests, attending physician statements, employee medical leave forms, work/school doctors excuses, handicap license etc…
- Review staff alert cards/insurance flags and perform insurance pre-certifications prior to testing (when required).
- Assist in the ordering of medical supplies. Assist with all mandated clinic checks: pro-thrombin time checks (twice daily), temperature (room, medication refrigerator), defibrillator machine checks (monthly), crash cart checks (monthly), OSHA clean and stock rooms (weekly), drug closet check (monthly).
- Assist in staffing other clinics and departments when needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned and serves in whatever other capacity deemed necessary for successful completion of the mission and goals of CIS and in concordance with its patient philosophy.
- High school diploma.
- LPN license in state of LA.
- CPR certification.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.