Catholic Schools Office and Special Educ
Catholic Diocese of Baton Rouge
P.O. Box 2028
The Catholic Schools Office Department Assistant, as a member of the Catholic Schools Office team, performs job duties to support schools in realizing the vision of Evangelizing Hearts, Educating Minds, and Embracing the Future through positive communication, promotion of effective curriculum and instruction, responsible coordination of resources, and acknowledgement of outstanding service and accomplishment. Members of the Catholic Schools Office staff collaborate with the bishop in his work of evangelizing, catechizing, leading worship and giving pastoral care to the people of the larger community, and support the parishes, schools and other organizations of the diocese in accomplishing their ministry.
Specific Areas of Responsibility
- Supports scholarship programs (i.e., Adopt a Student, Black and Indian Missions Fund, Louisiana Governor’s Scholarship Program)
- Supports department reports (i.e., Diocesan Enrollment Reports, Required Services, Yearly and Preliminary Budgets)
- Supports the Issuing of Temporary Teaching Assignments and Upgrading/Changing of Teacher Certifications, as Required by the State of Louisiana Department of Education
- Supports events such as the Catholic Educators Gathering, Summer Leadership Summit, Distinguished Graduates Dinner, Leadership Luncheon, Principals Meetings, and Principals Appreciation Luncheon by producing programs and organizing tasks
- Coordinates regular communication to various stakeholders (i.e., weekly principals bulletins)
- Manages the CSO and Special Education Online Calendar, CSO website, and updates of the Administrative Manual
- Serves as Office Manager, including filing, sorting mail, ordering of supplies, accounts payable, and accounts receivable
- Manages required compliance filings, including Student and Exchange Visitor Program Certification and Temporary Teaching Assignments
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School graduate with a minimum of three years’ position related experience; business school or some college preferred.
- Understanding of organizational structure for Catholic Church and Catholic Schools.
- Excellent typing/word processing skills and proficient in various computer programs to include Microsoft Office Professional.
- Strong grammatical skills, attention to detail, and strong analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact professionally and demonstrate a pleasant demeanor essential.
- Must be able to work within established guidelines to comply with recordkeeping/administration requirements.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in handling difficult and/or sensitive situations, with ability to maintain confidentiality in all transactions.
- Ability to exercise good organizational and time management skills, ability to manage projects and multiple priorities.
Please submit letter of interest, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.