Project Manager (Civil)
Opening available for a Project Manager to join our team in Baton Rouge, LA. This opportunity is perfect for an experienced industry professional looking for an opportunity to independently manage construction projects of various sizes. This position will be responsible for the developing construction processes; including scheduling, performance, and supervision of all the employees and resources assigned to the projects along with the responsibility for tracking production schedules.
Other duties include:
- Communicate the project plans, specifications and schedules as they relate to that portion of the work assigned; review with crews at start of and throughout the project.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
- Monitor quality of work and assure that correct construction procedures are followed and that work is in compliance with the plans and specifications.
- Inspect work for compliance with the contract plans and specifications, point out deficiencies and take any corrective action needed.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs.
- Successfully manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders.
- Plan and schedule all subcontractor's needed and assigned to the project. Monitor throughout the project that they are building to the plans and specifications and following all safety guidelines.
- Monitor field conditions and identify problems, inaccuracies, and cost saving measures.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Track quantities completed on the project and review for accuracy.
- Plan and coordinate internal resources and vendors for the purchasing of materials needed to assure that an adequate supply of tools, materials and equipment are available.
- have a working knowledge of scheduling, material control and unit man hour performance.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
Experience and Qualifications:
- Civil experience
- High School Diploma/GED
- BS in Engineering or Construction Mgmt. is preferred
- Must possess a current driver's license
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite; Word, Excel and Outlook
- Successful completion of pre-employment background and drug screen
- Experience with DOT projects, preferable LA DOTD
- Strong communication and technical writing skills
Employee benefit package includes:
- Paid Holidays
Compensation is DOE
Job Type: Full-time
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.